Premier Partner Award recipients have embraced Honda’s philosophy of exceeding customer expectations with exceptional quality and service
Fifteen suppliers to American Honda have received the company’s 2015 Premier Partner Award from Executive Vice President John Mendel in a special ceremony today in Torrance, Calif. This year’s recipients were selected from a pool of more than 1,000 eligible companies based on excellence in quality, value and customer service.
Premier Partner Award recipients play a unique role in supporting Honda businesses and operations, including Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products, general purpose engines and the HondaJet advanced light jet. Seven of the 15 recipients are repeat winners.
“We ask all Honda suppliers to join us in prioritizing the end customer above all,” said Charles Harmon, American Honda’s senior manager of procurement and corporate services. “This year’s Premier Partner Award recipients have risen to that challenge and are critical members of the extended Honda family.”
The 2015 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients are:
- Accenture, for managing and tracking incentive payments, reconciliation and analytics through the Honda and Acura Sales Incentives Management Platform.
- Aerotek, for providing a contingent workforce for Honda’s Automobile Customer Service Department.
- Altura Associates, for providing consulting and development services for the Honda Environmental Leadership “Green Dealer” Program.
- Atlantic Container Line AB, for providing international transporting services.
- BI Worldwide, for the development and execution of customer and associate retention and engagement strategies.
- Brando, for providing experiential marketing services for the motorcycle and UTV/ATV segments.
- CH2M, for providing facility management and administrative services.
- Hay Group, for creation and execution of leadership development centers for assistant managers and managers.
- Impartial Services Group, a Stericycle business, for providing outreach campaigns to owners affected by recalls.
- Lithocraft Company, for providing printed accessory collateral for dealerships.
- Maritz, for creating in-dealership launch training programs and direct mail marketing.
- Pattison Sign Group, for fabricating signs for the Honda and Acura Identification programs.
- RPA, for operating and maintaining Honda’s consumer website and consumer communications, as well as providing support tools to external training companies, dealers and field personnel.
- Targetbase, for marketing strategy and consultation, and the development and management of customer databases.
- Virginia Transportation Corporation, for providing finished vehicle transportation services in the United States and Canada.
Supporting Small Businesses and Supplier Diversity
Honda is committed to the establishment of long-term relationships with all of its suppliers based on mutual benefit and trust. We work to bring greater diversity to our supply base by assisting potential ethnic minority and women-owned suppliers with workshops and other educational opportunities. The workshops provide a greater understanding of a variety of important issues including strategic alliances, capitalization and empowerment programs.
Honda established operations in America in 1959 and now employs more than 40,000 associates in its North American sales, R&D and manufacturing operations with total capital investment in North America exceeding $22 billion. Based on its longstanding commitment to “build products close to the customer” Honda began building power sports products in America in 1979 and now operates 16 major manufacturing facilities in North America producing a wide range of Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, power equipment products, such as lawn mowers, mini-tillers and general purpose engines, and the HondaJet advanced light jet. Honda also operates 14 major research and development centers in the U.S. with the capacity to fully design, develop and engineer many of the products Honda produces in North America.