The 2018 Honda Civic and CR-V were named overall winners in AutoWeb’s Buyer’s Choice Awards, taking home Best Car of the Year and Best Utility Vehicle of the Year, respectively, as Honda led all brands with five segment leaders and seven total awards.
To reach their decision, AutoWeb tabulates submitted vehicle price quote requests from more than 120 million consumers who visited their network of automobile websites over a 12-month period.
Honda topped the following categories:
- Best Car of the Year: 2018 Honda Civic
- Best Utility Vehicle of the Year: 2018 Honda CR-V
- Best Compact Vehicle of the Year: 2018 Honda Civic
- Best Hatchback of the Year: 2018 Honda Fit
- Best Sedan of the Year: 2018 Honda Accord
- Best Van of the Year: 2018 Honda Odyssey
- Best Small SUV of the Year: 2018 Honda CR-V
Of the winning Honda vehicles, the Accord and Odyssey are all-new for 2018 and bring segment-leading levels of safety performance, comfort, premium feature content, technology and dynamic performance. The completely redesigned and reengineered 10th-generation Civic series of sedan, coupe, hatchback, Si and Type R introduced over the past couple of years, comprises the most diverse and innovative lineup in Civic’s 44-year history. The top-selling and benchmark setting CR-V was all-new as a 2017 model and posted its best ever year in 2017 with sales of almost 378,000. The 2018 Fit received a sporty update with refreshed styling and chassis and feature content improvements.