- Light trucks lift American Honda to new June records for total vehicles and trucks
- Acura RDX sets all-time best sales month and all-time record month for any Acura SUV on gain of 37%
- Acura trucks set new June record, up 17% on record RDX and strong MDX sales; total Acura brand up 3.5%
- Honda brand nets new June total vehicle and trucks sales records, rising 5% overall as trucks gain 11.2%
- Honda Pilot and CR-V set new June records, with CR-V up 17.5% and Pilot jumping 35.8%
- Honda Civic rises and Accord stays strong, the two combining for over 58,000 in June sales
“Honda and Acura light trucks delivered strong results in June,” said Henio Arcangeli Jr., senior vice president of the American Honda Automobile Division. “The all-new Acura RDX arrived in showrooms in June and wasted no time in getting off to a record start, delivering its best sales month in the model’s 13-year history. For the Honda brand, Pilot and CR-V were standouts in the month as steady inventory levels nationwide helped our dealers meet increasing customer demand for our light truck offerings. We’re also pleased to see the all-new, 55-mpg-rated Honda Insight deliver a strong first weekend since going on sale on June 29.”
Trucks led gains for Honda in June, with the brand, trucks, CR-V and Pilot all setting new June records. Honda cars also fared well in June, with Civic and Fit up modestly, and Accord topping 26,000 sales for the month.
- The hot-selling CR-V set a new June mark, climbing 17.5% on sales of 33,306.
- Pilot also set a new June record, jumping 35.8% on sales of 12,782 units, marking the model’s 10th straight monthly increase.
- Civic sales topped 31,000 units in June despite tight supplies. With Accord adding 26,726 units, the two combined for over 58,000 in sales.
With Fit, Civic and Accord, Honda sells more retail cars in the subcompact, compact and midsize segments combined than any other brand in the industry.
Odyssey is the clear benchmark people-mover minivan in America and the most purchased among retail buyers.
Representing the beginning of a new era in Acura product design and development, the all-new 2019 Acura RDX delivered big results in just its first month of sales, smashing its all-time monthly record.
- RDX sales jumped 36.9% over June 2017 (itself a record month) on sales of 7,292 units, setting an all-time RDX sales record for any month.
- RDX also set a new sales record for all Acura SUVs, eclipsing the previous record of 6,761 set by MDX in 2014.
- RDX sales in June were also the highest of any Acura model in any month since April of 2006 (TL).
- Adding strong MDX sales gave Acura trucks a new June record, rising 16.9%.
The first in a new generation of Acura products, the 2019 RDX went on-sale in June with more performance, features and luxury than ever before.
ILX topped the Small Premium Car segment in the J.D. Power 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS), and is gaining share among new entry-luxury buyers in a challenging market.