- Civic owns Compact Car category with fifth straight win
- Accord, CR-V, Pilot and Odyssey all lead their segments for 4th time
- Clarity Plug-In Hybrid is repeat winner in Electric/Hybrid Car category
Honda cars and light-trucks once again dominated the Kelley Blue Book Best Buy Awards for 2019. Leading the industry with six categories of wins including Civic, which took top honors for a fifth straight time, Honda maintains an unbroken winning streak in the Compact Car category since KBB launched its Best Buy Awards in 2015. Additionally, Accord, CR-V, Pilot and Odyssey have won their respective categories four times in the past five years, while the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid received a second straight award – the best buy in the Electric/Hybrid category.
Honda’s 2019 KBB Best Buy Award wins include:
- 2019 Honda Civic: Compact Car – KBB noted Civic for its fuel efficient engines, affordable price, reliability, and retained value. (5-time winner)
- 2019 Honda Accord: Midsize Car – praised for being “the most sophisticated, most advanced, and most impressive automobile not wearing a luxury badge”. (4-time winner)
- 2019 Honda CR-V: Compact SUV – accolades for CR-V include its appeal with first-time buyers and those looking for mainstream luxury. (4-time winner)
- 2019 Honda Pilot: Midsize SUV – Pilot’s family friendly attention to detail helped it win this category against stiff new competition. (4-time winner)
- 2019 Honda Odyssey: Minivan – KBB praised Odyssey for its numerous safety features and family-friendly design. (4-time winner)
- 2019 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid: Electric/Hybrid Car – touted for its excellent driving dynamics, KBB recognized the Clarity’s flexibility and appeal with EV fans and road trippers alike. (2-time winner)
Kelley Blue Book’s Best Buy Awards are the result of a year-long process of expert evaluation and testing of nearly every new vehicle available in the U.S. Criteria include vehicle pricing, 5-Year Cost-to-Own data, consumer reviews and ratings, and vehicle sales information.