- American Honda smashes all-time monthly sales records for total vehicles and trucks
- Honda brand also records its best-ever month, driven by record truck sales, and robust passenger car sales
- Honda CR-V and Passport post best-ever sales; HR-V has best August; Civic and Accord each top 30,000 sales
- Acura sales rise in August, with ILX jumping 58%, and RDX and MDX combining for over 10,000 sales
“At a time of great change in our industry with the growth of light truck sales and introduction of new technologies, it’s gratifying to see American Honda post an all-time best sales month based on great products and maintaining a disciplined approach to the market,” said Henio Arcangeli, Jr., senior vice president of Automobile Sales at American Honda Motor Co. “The month of August 2019 demonstrates that the success of the Honda and Acura brands, and our timeless focus on the customer, continue to resonate in the marketplace.”
It was an especially hot August for Honda as the brand set four all-time monthly sales records, including overall brand, total trucks, and model bests for CR-V and Passport. The Honda Civic and Accord also represented a dynamic duo to continue as industry leaders among passenger cars.
- The Honda brand made company sales history with its best month ever, gaining a robust 19.6% on sales of 158,804 vehicles in August.
- Honda trucks scored a best-ever month, gaining 19.5% as CR-V (+ 27.8%) and Passport each set all-time monthly records. HR-V had best Aug. (+4%).
- Honda cars also enjoyed a hot August, with Civic (+25.8%) and Accord (+14.3%) each topping 30,000 units in sales, and Fit gaining 58.2%.
- Electrified vehicle sales again topped 6,000 units, with Accord Hybrid leading the brand with 2,629 sales, a gain of 56.5% for the month.
Honda electrified vehicle sales are on track for a second consecutive record year and double-digit YoY sales increases on the strength of the Accord Hybrid and Insight sedans.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary, the U.S.-made Odyssey has gained over four points of retail share in 2019 and is quickly approaching 40% of all minivan sales en route to being the #1 minivan in America for a decade.